29 Jan Jewell Cares: The Power of Volunteering
Posted at 01:00h in Jewell Cares 0 Comments
February is all about love and spreading love. One of the most fulfilling ways to do that is through volunteering.
to freely offer to do something
Most people have good intentions when it comes to volunteering, but aren’t sure how to get started. Here are some organizations and resources in Chicago that make it easy to jump into volunteering and giving back to the community!
- One Brick Chicago Chapter – supporting local non-profit and community organizations by creating a unique, social and flexible environment for volunteers (http://chicago.onebrick.org)
- Chicago Cares – Chicago’s leading connector of people, communities and causes through volunteering (http://www.chicagocares.org/)
- Salvation Army Chicago Metropolitan Division – offering support for adults, children & families, and disaster relief (http://www.salarmychicago.org/volunteer/chicago.htm)
- Greater Chicago Food Depository – Food distribution and training center that provides food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community (http://www.chicagosfoodbank.org/)
- PAWS Chicago – building No Kill communities that respect and value the life of every dog and cat (http://www.pawschicago.org/)
These are just a few amazing causes located here in Chicago! Remember, volunteering is offering to freely do something, so helping a neighbor shovel snow or someone load up their groceries at the store is volunteering too!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.