25 Nov Jewell Cares: Giving Thanks
Being thankful is always top of mind come November. Rather than dedicate just one day a year or even one month to being thankful, here are some ways to experience gratitude and practice it daily.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Aim for at least one thing you’re grateful for each day
- Give compliments. It sounds backwards, but it’s true! You’ll feel better when you compliment someone else
- Let someone know they inspire you. Take time to write that person a letter or give them a call
- Say Thank You and write real thank you notes. The act of that will cause you to be even more thankful
- Take care of yourself. Get enough sleep, exercise, and treat yourself well
- Take a negative thought and switch it in your mind to something positive
- If you’re in a tough situation, ask yourself what you can learn from it
- Vow not to complain, criticize or gossip for 10 days
- Sound happy when you hear from people and be genuine about it
- Become involved in something that is important to you
The more you practice gratitude, the easier it will come to you and the better you will feel! Sharing your gratitude with people can also help them feel appreciated.